Results-oriented Network and Security Engineer with extensive experience in information technology. A hands-on engineer with a proven track record in implementing network solutions, security, project management and customer service.
- Over 18 years of hands-on experience in network infrastructure design, implementation, administration, security, and support
- Cisco ASA firewalls 5500-X including IPSec L2L/S2S VPN, Remote Access VPN. Checkpoint, Palo Alto, and Juniper firewalls
- Cisco routers, IOS & Nexus switches and wireless high availability configuration and operation
- In depth knowledge of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, QoS, TCP/IP, HSRP & VRRP, Solarwinds, Spanning tree, DHCP, EIGRP, PPP, TACACS, Radius, Wireshark, SMTP, SNMP, 802.1Q
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft AD, Windows servers, VMWare, & Linux
- Security engineering with depth in Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, and Checkpoint firewalls
- Project management skills with demonstrated experience and ability to plan and lead
- Results-oriented, self-directed, team player, and quick to learn
- Proven ability to problem solve and determine root cause
- Manage and mitigate IDS/IPS security threats
June 2015- PRESENT
MIB, Braintree, MA - Network Engineer
- Responsible for the design, installation, and maintenance of Data Center and office network infrastructure, internet circuits, site-to-site VPN, SSL VPN, proxy servers, and all internet-facing equipment.
- Designed and installed new perimeter network including new circuits, Radware Linkproof, Cisco routers and switches (IOS, NXOS), and ASA appliances.
- Designed, planned, and implemented new Data Center infrastructure to upgrade from Cisco 6509 cores to Cisco Nexus 9000 and provide a 40Gb capable network.
- Research and recommend various security architectures and best practices across infrastructure systems such as network switches, routers, and virtualization infrastructure.
- Implemented network monitoring solution using Solarwinds Orion.
- Installed and configure CounterACT NAC security appliance in multiple locations .
- Migrated all WAN and PTP circuits to a new vendor with zero downtime.
- Work closely with the Systems team to implement and support the virtual infrastructure comprised of VMWare ESX hosts, Nutanix servers, and Commvault backup solution.
October 2005 - June 2015
American Student Assistance, Boston, MA - Senior Network Engineer
- Responsible for installation, configuration and support of all network devices and
- telecommunication equipment, including load balancers, routers, switches, firewalls, proxy, PBX and reporting devices.
- Designed and implemented the networking for our VMware ESXi clusters. This included 11 HP blade enclosures outfitted with Cisco 3120 switches, 10 standalone servers, and 5 Cisco Nexus 1000v switches spread across three sites.
- Oversaw the installation of new fiber and copper wiring and replaced all of the old equipment with new devices; including Cisco Nexus 2000, 5000, 7000, Cisco 3750 switches, F5 Load Balancers and Link Controllers, Juniper SSG and ISG 2000 firewalls.
- Maintained ASA’s presence on the Internet and established appropriate filters and security measures on ASA’s WAN/LAN connections using firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, encryption methodologies and other network and/or server based products.
May 2003 - December 2004
State Street Corporation, Boston, MA - Network Support Specialist
- Assisted with the building of two new trade floors and moving equipment and users from the old building into the new space. Supported daily operations of the trade floors.
March 2003 - May 2003
Eze Castle Integration, Boston, MA - Network Engineer
- Provided all levels of support and technical assistance for multiple financial firms.
March 1999 - November 2002
Robertson Stephens, Boston, MA - Senior Systems Administrator
- Coordinated and planned the build-out of new office space designed for 200+ users.
- Supervised up to 5 junior members in performing daily responsibilities.
GTE Internetworking, Cambridge, MA - Desktop Support Technician
- Technical support for 3,000+ users in a multi-os/internetworking environment including: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, Dos, TCP/IP, NetWare and NT.
Coopers & Lybrand L.L.P., Boston, MA - Support Analyst
- Technical support for 1800+ end-users comprising eight lines of business.
1991 - 1995
College Of The Holy Cross, Worcester, MA - BA
Leicester University, Leicester, United Kingdom - Junior Year Abroad